flowers + reading
Jan 8, 2014
A few goodies for you today…
“I remember the fear I had when I first started that people would not get me or my designs. I was very different and I didn’t learn the traditional techniques. I didn’t finish my floristry course, as I felt it was controlling. Putting flower design into neat little boxes just wasn’t me. I wanted to be expressive and design collections that touched people.
I was a little apprehensive with the new lookbook, as I felt people might feel that the collection was a little dark and wild, but the truth is I don’t want to conform. I want to be true to who I am as an artist.”
– Jay Archer (Jay Archer Floral Design)
2. Love that Mondo Floral Design instructs brides on how to hold their bouquets! Seems simple, but brides tend to hold the bouquets higher and higher as they progress down the aisle…covering the beautiful details if their dresses. Superior service is all about the details!
3. A couple of flowers that make me smile…
‘Double Click Cranberry’ Cosmos (Love ‘n Fresh Flowers)
‘Renown Unique’ Tulip (Floret Flower Farm)
‘Barlow’ Columbine (Flowers by Busy B)
4. An interesting read about Facebook’s ever changing rules…click here.
5. Studios at work…
6. Storefronts I love…
7. More creative presentation ideas…because you all just keep coming up with unique ways to present your work to the brides!
8. Behind the scenes…
Have a great Wednesday!